Saturday, September 30, 2017

Another Promise

Said there was no time, no place. Distant reflections in wistful states. Promises made that were never kept. I was the teenaged fool who believed in you. And in that obsession, I dreamt of a fire that would burn us alive. Or only my memories for whatever they're made of. I can't shake you off, I'm all alone. It would've been better being invisible than be a child to your dreams.

Recreating photographs for amusement, I fell for spells and trances so that I could dance to you. I grow older and more ill. I would've become a shadow to your light. An energy vampire feeding on your life to satisfy my frail ends. But you don't see me anymore. Some others are jealous that they don't see the same madness that I had infested with you. I just know I can't live with another promise like that.

When I'm frail, I follow your trail. I become a guide to the pathways I left behind in my pursuance. Innocence would like to think of apple blossoms and tender nectar. All I see is poison surrounding me and the traces of time that I won't get back. Promise me never to promise anything again. Life is unworthy of people like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment