Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Disconnected Thoughts Part 1

I've always been riddled by a vague sense of that foreboding spiral. The great quantitative abyss that constitutes life. Days wash by without ever seeming to stick. At times I wonder if I'm a robot malfunctioning or just a hapless zombie waiting for the good guys to stick an axe to my head. I've never been good at figuring out which one is me. I suppose that's the point. The heightened anxiety that pervades in and around my life like secret spies tapping into my thoughts. Speech has become nullified. A context with which I cannot take part in any more. I wanted to sever my vocal chords but somebody got to me before I got the chance. I hadn't even made the decision as to whether it would've been a rope or a knife but you get the idea.


I live for the days I go to hospital, I feel strangely alive there. They are the highlight of my life. Stranded on a bed, alone, with my eyes on the blue skies outside while the pain in my fractured wrist seeps out into the bed. Transfixed by the skies. If only I was smart enough, I'd be out there, enjoying the jet set life. But instead I'm hounded and haunted by the aggression of others. I just don't have what it takes. A teacher once said that I was “mystery wrapped in an enigma” which I thought was strange. There wasn't really anything to get. I don't have anything special to offer and I don't hide it. Ah confidence, you'd be amazed at how lousy you really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment